BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Making Who You Know Work for You

Are you on LinkedIn? If so, you don't need this book. Otherwise, read on.

The "Little Black Book of Connections" is my daughter's pick. She is into selling and leverage. I wasn't so enthused until I looked at this book and figured out that this guy is describing what I have been doing all my life.

Maybe you aren't so lucky as to have a mentor, padre, godfather, or friend to help. You probably need to know more about the rules of success, corporate relationships, and selling. Jeffrey Gitomer has a series of books that give advice on selling and other challenging aspects of business. But, this book, "The Little Black Book of Connections" is his best. In a very easy to read format, Gitomer spells out what you should have in your business bag of tools. He gives you ideas on how to "network"... how to use your friends, collegues, and connections.... in a good way... to achieve success.



I didn't have this book when I was climbing the three organizational ladders I've ascended in my life. (Did I just say, "When I was your age....?" Beg your pardon.) Now, I probably could write this book, but not as well. Take it from me, my hard won experience tells me that Gitomer got it right. But, you don't have to learn it the hard way. A great book for anyone in a large or small corporate ladder. (Yes, my daughter wants me to say that it has great advice for people in very small businesses too!)

0 comments: